WWF's Guiding Principles
To guide WWF in its task of achieving the mission goals, the following principles have been adopted.
- be global, independent, multicultural and non party political;
- use the best available scientific information to address issues and critically evaluate all its endeavours;
- seek dialogue and avoid unnecessary confrontation;
- build concrete conservation solutions through a combination of field based projects, policy initiatives, capacity building and education work;
- involve local communities and indigenous peoples in the planning and execution of its field programmes, respecting their cultural as well as economic needs;
- strive to build partnerships with other organizations, governments, business and local communities to enhance WWF's effectiveness; and
- run its operations in a cost effective manner and apply donors' funds according to the highest standards of accountability.