World with a Future
Thursday 24th March, 5.30 - 10.00pm - London
New business thinking is critical to survival and success in a fast-changing world.
To celebrate our 50th anniversary, WWF will host a special evening reception to share the latest thinking on creating solutions to the world’s most pressing economic and environmental challenges.
World with a Future® will explore the latest policies, investment opportunities and market innovations – investigating ways a business can strengthen its resilience and maximise the opportunities a new economic transition will bring.
It will also provide an opportunity to explore:
- emerging environmental risks and building business resilience.
- pathways towards catalyzing green growth
- innovative approaches that are profitable and competitive.
- connections between ecosystem and societal well-being and long-term economic and business success
SpeakersIt is our great pleasure to host the evening with speeches and an exclusive panel discussion with:
- Yolanda Kakabadse - President, WWF International and former Ecuadorian Minister of Environment
- Lord Adair Turner - Chair of the Climate Change Committee
- Ian Cheshire - CEO of Kingfisher
- Professor Tim Jackson - Economics Commissioner UK Sustainable Development Commission
- Jean Desazars de Montgailhard - Executive Vice-President, Lafarge
Driven by such positive feedback and enthusiasm for our event, we have moved the location from The Eden Project in Cornwall to London. We are delighted to host an intimate and exclusive evening reception on this topical issue at The Royal Society, 6-9 Carlton Terrace House, London, SW1Y 5AG. Nearest tube is Piccadilly Circus or Charing Cross.
Date, Timings & Proceedings
The event will be held on Thursday evening on 24th March 2011. Registrations will begin at 530pm for a 6pm start. The evening will begin with opening speeches from our speakers, followed by a panel discussion and Q&A's. A drinks reception and canapes will then be served to enable you to network and discuss the outcomes of the evening with key stakeholders. The event will close by 10pm.
We welcome senior business and policy representatives to join us.
Tickets are £150. All payments will be conducted by invoice or credit card. Please state your preference when you make your booking.
To RSVP for this event – please contact Lemiaye Taylor on:
Email: email@example.com Phone: 01483 412394