The magnificent mountain gorilla, now critically endangered with only around 780 left in the wild. Help us protect the future of these incredible animals.
Make a real difference.
Adopt a mountain gorilla.
You can adopt Ihoho, a male baby mountain gorilla. Ihoho is a member of the Susa family gorilla group, living in Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda.
We will send you
A cuddly toy gorilla
Updates about your gorilla 3 times a year
And loads more fun stuff!
Choose a one-off payment
Your money could go further if you pay by monthly direct debit: this supports our long-term planning and helps to keep our administration costs down.
How you can make a real difference
A world without gorillas is unthinkable.
With your help, we can work to protect them from the major threats to their survival. Your money can help us work towards:
- Training rangers to detect and safely remove snares set for other animals, which can often severely injure or kill gorillas
- Helping to protect vital gorilla habitat
- Helping to train rangers to protect the gorillas against poaching of babies for the illegal pet trade
- Educating people on how to reduce the risk of gorillas catching human diseases
- Helping reduce conflict between gorillas and humans when gorillas enter villages and farmland
- Working with local governments to improve the management of the National Parks where gorillas live
- Your support will also help fund other essential WWF conservation work around the world
WWF's work is carried out as part of the International Gorilla Conservation Programme (IGCP) with Fauna and Flora International, the African Wildlife Foundation, and the three governments of the region.
Last minute gift?
No problem! If you are worried the adoption pack might not arrive in time, you will be able to print or email a gift certificate to give on the day.