There are many different ways you can support WWF's vital work to protect wildlife and habitats around the world. Choosing a WWF charity credit card is one way you can make a difference.
In July 2015 we launched a brand new card design, exclusive to WWF credit card holders. What’s more, the new WWF credit card is the only contactless card in the UK made from renewable plastic, which means it has a much lower environmental impact than standard PVC credit cards.
Whenever you use the WWF credit card - and at no cost to you - MBNA will contribute:
- up to £40 when you use your card within 90 days of the account opening*. £40 could pay for rations for two rangers on a 5-day anti-poaching patrol.
- 40p for every £100 spent on card purchases, for as long as you have your account.
- £2 for every year your account remains open and active. £2 could pay for a film cartridge for an infra-red camera to monitor tigers in Nepal’s Terai Arc.
*Minimum payment £6, maximum payment £40.
0% on balance transfers for up to 24 months
from account opening date (2.99% handling fee). Transfers must be made within the first 90 days of account opening. When this offer comes to an end and for transfers made after the 90 days, a standard rate of 20.9% p.a. (5% handling fee) applies.
0% on money transfers for up to 24 months
from account opening date (4% handling fee). Transfers must be made within the first 90 days of account opening. When this offer comes to an end and for transfers made after the 90 days, a standard rate of 22.9% p.a. (5% handling fee) applies.
0% on card purchases for up to 3 months
from the date your account is opened. When this offer comes to an end a standard rate of 18.9% p.a. applies.
Eligibility for this credit card depends on your circumstances and the results of the eligibility check.
All standard interest rates and handling fees are variable, so may differ from those shown after your offer ends.
18.9% p.a. (variable) on card purchases
Equivalent to 18.9% APR representative (variable)
Based on a credit limit of £1200
WWF supporter Sam finds his WWF credit card has unexpected perks
Sam Joab has held a WWF charity credit card for more than five years. “A friend told me about charity credit cards and my first reaction was to look for one related to an environmental cause,” he says. “When I found out that WWF offered a credit card it was an easy choice for me as I am already a long-time supporter.”
It's simple. You get all the benefits of a standard credit card with the added bonus of giving money to WWF at no extra cost or effort to you.
And there are unexpected perks for Sam: “The card is always a conversation starter. Every time people see it I usually end up in a conversation about WWF or wildlife. And then the problem is getting me to stop talking!”
Did you know?
- The WWF card is the only contactless credit card in the UK made from a renewable plastic called PLA (polylactic acid)
- PLA is made from plant sugars, which means no oil is needed as a raw material
- PLA is recyclable and also breaks down quickly in landfill
- The WWF card is chlorine-free, making it more environmentally-friendly than standard PVC
Working with MBNA for a more sustainable future
The strong relationship forged between MBNA and WWF goes way beyond the credit card collaboration. For example, MBNA is a member of our Global Forest & Trade Network, which promotes responsible management of the world's forests.