World Oceans Day! Coral Triangle Day! Support our seas right now
8 June 2012
It's a big weekend for the world's seas. Friday 8 June is World Oceans Day 2012, and Saturday 9 June is the first-ever Coral Triangle Day!
There's a lot of ways you can show how much you love the sea - some right this minute from your computer or your mobile...
- Add your sea-related story to the Oceans chapter of WWF's Earth Book - and win a fabulous Coral Triangle Book* (see below)
- Sign up for our summer swimming challenge, the Blue Mile
- Find out more about our campaign to protect our fisheries - and sign the More Fish petition
- Ask your MP to sign up to the Rio Declaration, ahead of the Rio+20 Earth Summit at the end of June, to push world leaders to protect the natural world - including our oceans
- Adopt a dolphin, or a turtle, or a penguin
- Buy sustainable seafood - whether you're shopping online or in the flesh!
- Try one of our delicious sustainable fish recipes...
- Enjoy our latest blog posts from two legends of the oceans: top marine scientist Callum Roberts and champion yachtsman Conrad Humphreys
- Read more about WWF's work to protect the world's oceans
- If you don't know about the fabulous Coral Triangle, and why the world needs to look after it, catch up here
- Or watch this stunning video, which shows just some of the unique wonders and importance of the Coral Triangle - and the threats it's facing...
* Win a fabulous Coral Triangle book - to help you celebrate World Oceans Day and Coral Triangle Day, we'd like to hear how our beautiful oceans have inspired you.
By adding your story (less than 500 words - plus a photo) to the Oceans section of WWF's Earth Book you'll have a chance to win one of two copies of Jurgen Freund’s book full of incredible images of the Coral Triangle region. The winners will be the stories we like best.
The competition will close on 22 June, the end of the Rio+20 'Earth Summit', where we're pushing for important commitments to be made to secure a sustainable future for our oceans.
blog comments powered by Disqus