Date: Sunday, 3 October 2021
Event distance: 26.2 miles
Registration fee: £10
Fundraising target: minimum £250
On Sunday 3 October 2021, 50,000 runners will have the chance to be a part of the biggest marathon ever staged anywhere in the world.
The virtual Virgin Money London Marathon will return this year, giving participants the opportunity to take on the world’s greatest marathon on the course of their choice from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59BST, wherever they are on the planet.
Runners in the virtual event will join a record 50,000 participants who will run the traditional Virgin Money London Marathon from Blackheath to The Mall.
The virtual Virgin Money London Marathon was held for the first time in 2020, when more than 37,000 runners, from all corners of the world, completed the race. The final finishing total of 37,966 means it has been awarded an official Guinness World Records title for the 'Most users to run a remote marathon in 24 hours'.
We're with you every step of the way towards event day with advice and information so you can just focus on your training and fundraising. We'll also provide:
- Our fundraising pack to help you achieve your target
- Runners pack including WWF vest and headband
- Exclusive access to our private WWF Team Panda Facebook Group
- Training day in The Living Planet Centre
- Online training hub to help you prepare safely for your challenge
- Fundraising and training support throughout your journey