Conservation Solutions Live Lesson
Register your class for a free live lesson to explore the geography and ecosystems of southern Kenya and northern Tanzania. For KS3 students.
Through our Conservation Solutions Live Lesson, students will discover the interdependence of natural systems and recognise the consequences that occur when connections are altered or damaged by humans. Students will learn about human-wildlife conflict in the region and address discover how WWF’s Land for Life project is providing real-world conservation solutions in this landscape.
- Dates: 1st - 12th February 2021
- Lesson duration: 30 Min
- Venue: Virtually; using Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- Cost: FREE
Conservation Solutions: Learning Objectives
- Locate southern Kenya and northern Tanzania on the world map and identify some of its key geographical features;
- Recall key wildlife, food chains and current threats to nature in Kenya and Tanzania;
- Understand the interdependence of natural systems and recognise the consequences that occur when connections are altered or damaged by humans; and
- Recall real-world wildlife conservation solutions in Kenya and Tanzania.
Curriculum links Key Stage 3 / Third Level:
- England: Biology: Relationships in an ecosystem / Geography: Locational knowledge; Place knowledge; Human and Physical geography
- Scotland: Social Studies: People, place and environment
- Northern Ireland: Environment and Society: Geography, Knowledge, Understanding and Skills; Contributors to society; Contributors to the economy and the environment / Science and Technology: Organisms and Health; Contributors to the economy and the environment
- Wales: Geography: Locating places, environments and patterns; Understanding places, environment and processes / Science: Interdependence of organisms
Register for a live lesson
Our live lessons are delivered by either Zoom or Microsoft Teams and are subject to availability. If you'd like to register your school for an upcoming lessons, please complete the short online form below. A member of our education team will respond shortly.