Join the biggest wildlife quiz!
Twelve years ago, WWF-India set out to see how much young people in India really knew about wildlife - and how much they cared. From a small quiz in 2008, the Quiz has gone global and inspired thousands to be part of a movement for change.
Today, secondary schools in the UK have the opportunity to participate in the Wild Wisdom Quiz 2019 - a three round challenge that could see your school crowned Wild Wisdom Quiz Champions! We'll provide your class with useful resources to help your pupils learn all about the amazing mysteries of the wild. The quiz itself will focus on five fascinating biomes, the issues and solutions faced in these various biomes, extreme adaptions, and latest news related to these environments. Please note that this competition is open to secondary school pupils only.
Secondary schools: How to participate?
• Opening Round – is an online quiz which will be available from 10th September to 27th September 2019. To enter schools must email WWF with their school details and names of their top two scoring pupils (aged 11 – 14). Entries must be received by COP 27th September 2019. Each school will receive a digital certificate for taking part. Ten schools (chosen at random) will be invited to the UK Final.
• UK Final - will take place on 4th November 2019 at the Living Planet Centre in Woking, Surrey. WWF will host the Wild Wisdom Quiz finals as well as other engaging activities, including a tour of the Living Planet Centre. Travel expenses and lunch will also be provided. (T&Cs apply). All participating schools will receive a WWF animal adoption and certificates for participating students. The top 2 scoring schools will also each receive an iPad with the Seek app and an invitation to the Global Final.
• Global Final - will take place on 20th November 2019 and will be hosted by WWF India. Each school will receive a video call link to link up with competing finalists from many other participating countries including many other participating countries including India, Columbia and Bhutan.
Gear up: Our Planet Resources
- Our Planet Teacher Pack (PDF)
This educators’ guide (and accompanying presentations) includes five activities that provide a range of classroom and outdoor learning opportunities to help young people build their knowledge and understanding of sustainability issues, explore their own values and attitudes and develop key skills so that they feel empowered to take action in shaping a brighter future for our planet.
Our Planet Biomes
- Our Seas (PDF)
- Our Frozen World (PDF)
- Our Freshwater (PDF)
- Our Grassland (PDF)
- Our Forests and Jungles (PDF)