We have an opportunity to send a strong message to our leaders – and we need your help
We’re holding an Earth Hour event where politicians, along with community and business leaders, will gather to celebrate our amazing planet and the work that everyday people are doing to help protect it.
Taking part in Earth Hour is sending the message that we need action on climate change. But we also want to take this opportunity to represent your voices directly to our leaders. So we’re asking everyone taking part in Earth Hour to send a video message about why climate action is important to you. Your voices will build on Earth Hour’s call to action and help us move the government towards stronger plans to tackle climate change.
Your video can be recorded on a mobile phone or computer – it doesn’t have to be professional quality! But here are some tips for the best results:
- Please hold the phone horizontally, not vertically
- If you can, prop the phone up on a surface – or on a selfie stick that’s attached to something – so it’s stable
- Please try to minimise any outside noise, and make sure your voice is audible so your message is loud and clear!
- Your video should be no more than 60 seconds long, and the file should be saved as your full name, e.g. Tom Jones
In your video message, please tell us:
- Why are you taking part in Earth Hour?
- Why do you think action on climate change is important?
Nothing is as powerful as a message coming straight from the people who care the most.
Please note: By uploading your video, you consent for it to be shown to a private audience at the Earth Hour event on 28 February 2017.
View an example video below: