From family activities to special events, we run a range of fun and inspirational activities throughout the year.
We also offer behind-the-scenes tours where you can find out what makes the Living Planet Centre one of the greenest buildings in the UK.
Whether you are looking for a family day out, a group tour or just time on your own, we would love you to visit us and learn how we are working towards a future where people and nature thrive.
Follow us to find out about upcoming events and activities @WWF_LPC
Woking Food and Drink Festival
WWF-UK’s Living Planet Centre will be opening its doors on Friday 2 September for some family foody fun!
There will be plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy:
- Sign up to our free ‘Recycled Seedy Sunflower’ workshop - where kids can make a beautiful flower (with a seed bomb centre!) out of old CDs
- Learn about planting and growing seeds for vegetables and bees with The Seed Pantry
- Work up an appetite on our Smoothie Bike to make your very own fruit smoothie
- Explore our WWF Experience and take part in our interactive ‘Who Eats What?’ Treasure Hunt
- With stalls and giveaways from Fairtrade, Woking Borough Council, Liberation Nuts and WWF, plus appearances from Polly Panda, it’ll be a great retreat from the busy town centre and a perfect opportunity for you and the family to have fun together and learn about where your food comes from!
We’ll be open on Friday 2 September from 10am to 4pm.
Workshops are suitable for visitors aged 4 years and over. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Free entry / suggested donation £3Book your place
Heritage Open Days
To celebrate Heritage Open Days, we will be opening our doors to give visitors the opportunity to find out what makes the Living Planet Centre one of the greenest buildings in the country.
The Living Planet Centre Heritage Trail, 8-10 September
Visitors can take part in a self-guided family trail linking the Living Planet Centre and The Lightbox. Pick up a leaflet at the building receptions.
- 8 & 9 September: 10:30am – 5:00pm
- 10 September: 10:30am – 5:00pm
Tours of the Living Planet Centre, 10 September
Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the building to see WWF’s amazing workspace and learn how a sustainable building can affect the working practices of a large organisation.
- 10 September: 10:30am, 12:15pm, 1:30pm, 3:00pm. Tours will last approx. 45 minutes
All activities are suitable for children aged 4+. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please note that in the busy school holiday periods the workshops and the car park underneath the building can become full quickly. Please book onto your chosen workshop and arrive in good time to avoid disappointment. If you do arrive early, you can enjoy our fantastic interactive exhibition the WWF Experience while you wait.
Please find more information on planning a visit.