About the challenge
Date: Saturday, 4 September 2021
Duration: 1 day
Costs: Registration fee: £45, Fundraising target: £450 / APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2021 EVENT.
WWF's brand new Lake District Ten Peaks Challenge starts very early and it's a one day event. It's an epic 17-mile hiking challenge across ten iconic Lake District peaks, with over 2,250 metres of ascent! Meet the team before sunrise to start your adventure on the shores of Buttermere, and prepare for a challenging but incredibly rewarding 12 to 14 hour hike across the Lake District skyline, summiting 10 peaks, including the England’s highest mountain: Scafell Pike! This trip includes transport to the starting point from the end point, a packed lunch, fully qualified mountain guides and 24/7 support.
It is the ultimate dawn-til-dusk trek by WWF!
How we support you
We're with you every step of the way towards event day with advice and information so you can just focus on your training and fundraising. We'll also provide:
- Our fundraising pack to help you achieve your target
- Walkers pack including signature WWF top
- Exclusive access to our WWF Challenge Facebook Group
- Training hub to help you prepare safely for your challenge
- WWF cheer squads to keep you motivated during the event
- Post event meet-up and selfie moments!