Skip to main content

Where does WWF get its money from?

The majority of our income comes from public donations in the form of memberships, adoptions and legacies. You can see a detailed breakdown of our income in our Annual Review.

 

What do you do with the money that I give to WWF?

We are proud to say that 78% of our spend goes on our charitable activities. The other 22% of our spend is for fundraising. For every pound we spend on this, £4 income is generated.

We reduce our costs by increasing efficiency in all the ‘overhead’ areas, and saving costs generally is a key feature of our current plans. With the generosity of our supporters, we can continue to protect endangered species and their habitats by addressing global environmental threats and seeking long term solutions with people in government, industry, education and civil society.

You can find out more about WWF's income and expenditure in our Annual Review.