Spinach & Chickpea Falafel Wrap with Beetroot
A healthy and mouthwatering wrap, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 8 large or 12 small spinach falafel homemade or shop bought
For the Kale Slaw Salad:
- 150g Fresh Curly Kale
- 100g White Cabbage
- 100g Beetroot hummus
- 60g Red Onions
- 60g Carrot
- 50g Baby spinach leaves
- 50g Watercress
- 1/2tsp Creamed Horseradish
- 4 each Khobez bread or any flat bread
For the dressing:
- 5ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- Crushed Garlic Clove
- 1tsp Caster Sugar
- 80ml Soy Yoghurt
- Pinch Chilli Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
Garnish - Oven baked kale crisps
- Take a handful of kale. Remove stalks, wash and remove excess water.
- Pick into small pieces and massage in a tablespoon of rapeseed oil, a twist of sea salt and a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Place on a baking tray and pop into a preheated oven 120C for 15-20 mins until crisp. Watch carefully as they burn easily. Remove and set aside.
- Wash the kale. Remove and slice the stalks, shred the green leaves, spinach and cabbage.
- Peel and finely slice the carrot and red onion
- Pick, wash and roughly chop the watercress
- Mix the hummus and horseradish together
- Mix all dressing ingredients, whisking to combine
- Cook or reheat the Falafel and set to one side.
- Combine the kaleslaw ingredients. Add dressing and mix well. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- To make a wrap, lightly warm the flatbread, add kale slaw, add falafel, top with beetroot hummus, krispy kale and fold tightly. Cut in half and serve.