The Great Scottish Canvas
Help create the Great Scottish Canvas with us. Paint the picture of the future you want to see, tell the story of the Scotland we want to be.
Unleash your creativity and paint a picture, craft a poem, doodle or write something which illustrates the future Scotland you want- a future where we tackle the climate and nature crises and create a greener, fairer future for all.
Submit your creative piece to us and we will curate a virtual Great Scottish Canvas exhibition to show the public and decision makers in this crucial year for our planet.
WHO CAN TAKE PART?
Everyone! We’re calling on people of all ages, in every corner of the country. Don’t worry if you think ‘you’re not any good’. We’re looking for fun and personal works that channel people’s hopes for a better future. The Great Scottish Canvas is for everyone and belongs to everyone.
Written entries can be in English, Gaelic, Scots, or your own spoken language.
HOW TO TAKE PART
The Great Scottish Canvas will open for submissions on Monday 15th March and we will accept entries up until 5pm on Sunday 30 May 2021.
HOW DO I SEND MY ENTRY?
Send an email to GreatScottishCanvas@wwf.org.uk with
- Your full name
- Your postcode
- Preferred contact details
- If you are under 18 an adult should submit the entry on your behalf, make sure to include the full name of the parent or other adult with parental responsibility and their contact details
- A short note telling us about your piece
- Please submit your entry digitally as a PDF or image file (JPEG or PNG) Your attachment must be either:
- Photography or scan of your contribution (e.g., scan of painting or drawing; photograph of sculpture, embroidery and other artworks), OR
- Word or PDF file with written text contributions (e.g., poems and short
- For both 1) and 2) files should be at least 2MB and no larger than 10MB. Ideally, the resolution of an image file should be minimum 300 dpi
If you have any questions about submitting your entry, you can contact us at GreatScottishCanvas@wwf.org.uk
By submitting your entry, you agree to the terms & conditions
Would you also like to hear about WWF-UK's conservation work and other ways you can help such as fundraising, campaigning and events?
NEED SOME INSPIRATION? TAKE IT FROM NATURE, TRAVEL, HOMES AND FOOD
For the Great Scottish Canvas we’d like you to think about Scotland’s nature and its future, the way we heat our homes, how we travel in our cities and towns, and how we produce the food on our plates. By making changes in these four key areas, we believe we can create a Scotland we can all be proud of.
To kick us off and spark our imagination, renowned Scottish author Alexander McCall Smith has already submitted his vision for the Great Scottish Canvas.
Read his wonderful poem, 'Only One Home'.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Submit your creative piece to us and we will curate a virtual Great Scottish Canvas exhibition to show the public and decision makers in this crucial year for our planet. We will open a virtual exhibition for the new Scottish Parliament when new MSPs take their seats and showcase as world leaders gather for the UN climate conference in Glasgow in November.