Sustainable futures education pack
Our free certificated student course is designed to be delivered by teachers, careers leads or facilitators to students aged 14-18. The course includes three modules, split into bitesize 30 minute learning units for maximum flexibility. It can be delivered as part of your careers provision, within curriculum subjects or as an extra-curricular activity.
We provide all the materials needed to make this course easy to deliver with minimal preparation. They include a script, detailed notes and guides to enable you to deliver confidently, in a way that suits you.
To access future resources, join our community of educators through our newsletter.
Download our Resources
Educator handbook and lesson plans
Sustainable Futures Course Presentation
Student Reflection Journal
Mapping to careers frameworks
Certificates for Students
Sustainable Futures CPD Series
Our free CPD training videos will equip you to deliver all components of the Sustainable Futures programme and support your students to apply sustainable thinking as they consider their education and career journey.
There are four videos in the series and each video introduces a core component of the programme and how to integrate and deliver it in schools and colleges.
Overview of the Sustainable Futures Programme
Available on-demand | 20 minutes
- Understand key terminology linked to sustainable careers.
- Describe the changing landscape around green careers.
- Brief school leaders, colleagues, and students, explaining the key concepts and benefits of the Sustainable Futures programme.
- Know how to integrate business encounters in a way that builds understanding of sustainable careers.
- Align and integrate delivery of Sustainable Futures with other career guidance activities available to your students.
Delivering the Sustainable Futures Course (modules 1-3)
3 videos | Available on-demand | 15 minutes each
- Describe the structure of the Sustainable Futures course.
- Explain the key concepts covered in the Sustainable Futures course.
- Plan and deliver course content in a way that suits your institution, timetable and learners.
- Know how to evaluate student learning and progress while delivering the course content.
Sustainable Futures CPD: Delivering module 1
The principles of sustainability and its importance to our survival and wellbeing.
Sustainable Futures CPD: Delivering module 2
How businesses and careers relate to sustainability and environmental issues.
Sustainable Futures CPD: Delivering module 3
How to apply sustainable values, skills and knowledge when mapping a career pathway.
“I really love everything you’ve put together. It’s a massive gap in the curriculum at the moment...it looks like it’s going to be really easy for teachers to use, because I think a lot of staff are quite nervous about having some of these discussions and not knowing all the answers. Whereas you’ve got a nice journey through something that seems to be well balanced.”
Sign up for free classroom resources and more...
By registering your school with WWF, you’ll be joining thousands of teachers and pupils across the UK taking action for our world. We'll keep you informed of new classroom resources, activities, events and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses.
You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in our teacher panels, share your experiences and help contribute to our future education work. You can choose your marketing preferences at the end of this form.