It’s been the hottest year on record for the third year in a row and nearly 1 in 6 species are now at risk of extinction from climate change.
The world is changing - fast - and it’s never been more important to show that you care.
We have the strong foundations for action – from the Paris Agreement to the UK’s Climate Act - but now is the time to deliver the action needed to protect our brilliant planet.
Earth Hour is a global movement, which brings millions together across the world to call for greater action.
Last year a record 178 countries took part – a number that rises every year. From the Sydney Opera House and the Eiffel Tower to Buckingham Palace and Edinburgh Castle, cities, towns and communities like yours across the world switch out their lights and come together for an hour, to join a global show of support for action on climate.
Join us at 8.30pm on Saturday 25 March. Sign up, switch off your lights and show you want action on climate change.
- Sign up and send a clear message that you want action on climate change right now
- Switch off your lights in a symbolic show of global support to protect our amazing planet
- Bring your friends, family or community together and organise a special Earth Hour event.
- Share your plans on our Earth Hour map
- Fundraise for our vital work to tackle pressing threats like climate change and help us to protect our amazing planet.
- Take a look at our range of fantastic Earth Hour events, and get involved to make this the biggest and best Earth Hour yet.